Donations are what keeps us going. So if you are planning to de-clutter your wardrobe or clear out the attic – give us a thought. What you no longer need, may be someone else’s treasure – and it’s a brilliant way to recycle and keep things out of landfill.
If you have transport, you can normally park close to the shop for a short time to unload donations.
If not, we may be able to pick up goods from your home – call 07964 062707 to discuss
Some people prefer to support the charity through financial donations – these gifts are gratefully received. Small amounts can be put in our charity box in the shop; for anything else, please give us a call.
Good Donated – What We Can Accept
While we would love to accept everything you generously donate to us, there are some items that we cannot accept for reasons of hygiene, safety, or government legislation, or are simply inappropriate for our shop. We’re sorry we can’t take these items, as disposing of them may cost money and divert funds away from people who need our help. Thank you for your understanding.
NOTE: we DO accept electrical items in good condition, as we have the facilities to PAT test.
Items we can’t sell include –
Appliances and equipment
- Mains or bottled gas appliances, oil heaters, petrol or diesel fuelled items – includes cookers, gas fires, lighters and some hair-styling tools.
- Bicycles – selling an unsafe bicycle is against the law.
- Protective headgear – includes cycle helmets, motorbike helmets, riding hats, hard hats.
- Wheelchairs, wheeled walkers and mobility scooter – for safety and infection control.
Clothing, Household, Medical and Cosmetic items
- Medication of any kind
- Cosmetics and scents – unless sealed in their original packaging
- Nightwear and underwear – unless new and unworn
- Torn, dirty or badly worn clothing or shoes
- Mattresses, pillows and quilts – unless in new, unused, condition
- Upholstered foam-filled furniture – unless the article predates 1950 or complies with The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988 and has the relevant label attached
- Items made of ivory, bone, turtle or tortoiseshell – legal reasons.
- Official items – includes police, emergency services or other identification or uniforms
Dangerous, Toxic or Poisonous items
- Flammable items such as firelighters and barbeque lighting tools- safety and legal reasons.
- Solvents and solvent-based products
- Firearms and ammunition, weapons and realistic toy weapons
- Sharp items that can be used as weapons – includes butcher’s knives, flick knives, sports knives etc.
Please note, knives, blades or sharply pointed items will not be sold to under 18s for safety and legal reason. This includes kitchen knives, knife blades, razor blades and articles with a blade or sharp point that can cause injury. Excludes scissors and pairs of compasses.
- Any goods that infringe the copyright law -includes computer hard drives containing software, pirate DVDs and counterfeit CDs.
- Pornographic publications, DVDs and videos -includes DVDs and videos classified as R18.
Please note, any films or computer games rated 12, 15 or 18 cannot be sold to anyone underage
- Toys without the CE mark – safety and legal reasons
- Children’s car seats or booster seats – safety reasons
- Used breast pumps, sterilisers or baby monitors – only acceptable if brand new
- Baby walking frames, door bouncers, baby slings – safety reasons
- Cigarettes, tobacco and related products, electronic cigarettes, vaporisers and accessories
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia